Carter's Development! :)

baby

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Addiction Thy Name Is House (M.D.)


I bought the fourth season of House a little while ago after not having seen a single episode during the actual aired season. A risky decision, I know. When you think of the fact that TV season are not cheap, it was extra risky. But after having finished watching said season I have come to three conclusions:

A) It was a darn good buy
B) I hate the writers strike so much more now
C) I'm doubling my efforts to try and catch season 5

Hugh Laurie is a comedic god! House is pretty much the only show that I would buy without having seen a single episode on it. Why? Hugh Laurie has a rediculous way of delivering ANY line in the absolute funniest way possible.

To top that off, the entire supporting cast fits around him perfectly. That is a hard thing to do with such a large supporting cast in the first place. But then, just to show how superior this show really is, season 4 brought in even MORE new people, killed off a supporting cast member, and showed less of cast members we had all grown to love. How did this affect my devotion? Not one bit. I loved every single dramatic minute of it. Considering I am not really a dramatic person, that's saying something. It's all about the writing and acting! It's just sick.

During the Writers' Strike last season, I was knee deep in actual life and sadly I had no time to really watch any shows. Sure, I read about how programs were postponed, some were cancelled, others were fighting for their LIVES! But seeing as how I didn't have any real devotions to TV at the time, I didn't care. Now, it's hitting me. I own all of the House seasons. The first three seasons have six discs on them, making what I paid for them worth it. I'm not saying season four wasn't worth it; I already stated that it was. However, the mere four discs made my heart a little sad. There were eight episodes filled with witty lines and snappy reparte that I missed! That is not okay with me.

As for next season, the set up at the end of season four left a gaping hole for some serious drama that I am quite excited about. Friendships will be tested, toes will be stepped on, character growth will happen. Get excited! I am.

Oh, and P.S.- did I mention the fact that Hugh Laurie has the prettiest eyes EVER? Well, he does. Just sayin'...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We love house too! We have to wait until Shel's gone to bed to watch though because some of the scenes can be a bit graphic to say the least!
And I agree, he does have the prettiest eyes!