Carter's Development! :)

baby

Monday, January 5, 2009

Prayer

Recently I have been very convicted about how I live my prayer life. I don't know if it's the new year or whether it's the fact that I have so much on my plate now, or whether God's just waving a red flag in front of my face, but I now feel more of an urge to pray at random times and when I'm in the middle of something.



To be more transparent than I usually like to be, I'm stating for the record that my prayer life has never been a strong one. I just never became good at normal, ritual prayers or daily wake-up or good night prayers. I'm a sporadic pray-er.



I want to ask you to help me pray for peace of my own mind. I don't want to spoil my own wedding by being too up tight and freaked out over it. I know that where God wills, there's a way. And praise Jesus, marrying Daniel is one of those things I have prayed fervently about. I believe with all my heart that it's God's will for us to wed. Now I just need to remember that if God wants it to happen, it will. It won't matter if we are flat broke or millionaires.



Now, if only I could tattoo that on myself.



Book Suggestion: "Esther" by Charles Swindoll

This is an excellent character study in a series done by Swindoll. He covers several key biblical people including: Job, David, and Jesus. Esther is a must-read for women. I am on my third read through, and have actually made it my bible study for the new year. If you ever need a model for courage, Esther is your girl. Just read her story in the bible to catch a glimpse of this girl's grit. Read Swindoll's character analysis to get the fleshed out reality of what she went through and how she can be a role-model to every Christian woman today.

No comments: